something wonderful happened


my big boss at work is this giant nincompoop who rarely comes into the office and when he does i always put on my best employee face by closing down microsoft paint and crunching integers or whatever it is i do so even though he's a doofus deluxe, we get along ok.

today though he decided to call and yell at me at volume level three thousand for something completely out of my hands and before i started to make an attempt at defending myself, i realized two things.

1) this wasn't a discussion. this was him being a bozo and enjoying the sound of his bozo voice berating me.

2) i didn't care.

and it was positively the most liberating moment of my life.

as he went on and on about whatever and blah blah blah and who knows what, at one point stopping to equate me to a dog, i realized i am completely better than him.

not just cause i can do drawings or say more interesting things or because i would never yell at people in such a manner, but yeah, also cause of those things.

normally i would turn red and stutter and maybe cry afterwards but there was none of that this time and it made me feel like a real life super hero.

so scream on, bozo boss! your words can't hurt me. and thanks for calling rather than coming in so i could continue making doodles of alligators while you rambled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your cape. it's really pretty. i also like how you were able to continue making doodles while that bozo yelled at you. good multitasking!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! get lost Bozo!

steph said...

GA!