how to: make sushi on saturday

step one: invite layla over

step two: do what she says

step three: bring the sushi over to steph's house later on saturday night and eat it

it was actually not at all difficult! and the rolling it up part felt really cool, like putting a seal in its rubber suit and rolling it around on the table only the seal is tiny and stuffed with rice and avocado which is maybe not the most appetizing metaphor but it's accurate! try!

ha ha ha my face. i think jeremy sees a lot of this face when he's trying to tell me something or when he's telling me not to touch something hot or just probably when he's saying anything ever.

layla was such a good teacher. when i said "how did i do" on my first one she said "really fantastic you just need to add more rice here and here" which is the mark of a good teacher when they say something nice first before they correct you. where's my job well done sticker though? or at least where's my certificate of participation.

i kept eating bits of the avocado that weren't the right size for the sushi roll. i'm such a perfectionist. also i'm such a person who makes up excuses to eat tasty looking food ingredients.

this photo is slightly blurry because i got so fast at rolling the sushi i started rolling at warp speed. it was crazy. i slowed down when my hands were smoking though cause i didn't want that to affect the fresh flavour of the roll.


et voila! looks just like real professional sushi eh?! jeremy cut it all nice on angles and stuff so basically between the two of us we can open a fancily cut vegetable roll sushi joint. screw layla! just kidding we'll mention her in the 'our story' section of the menu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll work on the job well done sticker...but you have to retract the "screw Layla" section first! (I guess that would be censorship on my part though...so perhaps we can just chat about our upcoming dancing date instead?) XOOXXO Layla