soooo like....


standing in front of the mirror and looking at myself, wearing the gown i'll be in when i marry jeremy was completely out of this world. it was a moment that i know i will recall at the other end of my life, with perfect detail.

like maybe when i'm 80 and jeremy and i have been married for years and years and we have kids and grandkids and a bird i've taught to whistle show tunes and jeremy is reading something in the other room and i'm standing in the bedroom mirror wearing my dress and i don't see 80 year old me anymore, i see 28 year old me. and she's smiling like a goofball at me and i'm smiling at a goofball back at her and maybe we give each other a thumbs up and maybe jeremy asks what i'm doing from the other room and i say 'remembering'.

1 comment:

steph said...

a bird over my dead body!!!