my birfday

my birthday was on tuesday and no i did not tell my new work cause i couldn't think of a way that wasn't like HELLO IT'S MY BIRTHDAY which i realize seems out of character but i'm trying to make a career for myself here so provisions to my outlandish need to declare things must be made.

i did have a wonderful night relaxing with jeremy, though. complete with tacos which is a jennifer robeson birthday tradition. 29 years running. jeremy asked if i would like if he made them from scratch instead which i'm sure i would, i just like them so much how old el paso makes them it feels unnecessary to attempt something new. but everything else you want to make from scratch my love you just march on forward and i'll follow behind with my mouth open!

and i loved all your phone messages, (jared your michael jackson rendition of happy birthday was a keeper and lily i think next year is the year sophie will pipe in for background vocals) and text messages and emails and i feel so BLESSED to have such wonderful friends and family and especially when you guys give me nice stuff. material and otherwise.

happy birthday to me! 29 eh? that sounds adult. and me and all my finger paints.

steph said when she was done wrapping up this gift she thought it looked like me. isn't that nice? i love that. i wonder if i'm the apple on top with the leaf.

i love steph cd's! which is why she's just the perfect and oh so obvious choice for wedding disc jockey. 'back yardin' is my favourite song on here but they're all great and personal which is just like music to my ears. GET IT?!

here it is! ol birthday meal reliable! the tacos now have those flat parts on the bottom so they stand up instead of fall over spilling out the contents but other than that nothing has changed about how you make them or stuff the parts in there. jeremy called me 'general taco' when he was making them cause i was like NO NO NO YOU'RE BROWNING THE MEAT ALL WRONG!

general taco doesn't mean to be rude though, she's just had years and years of experience.

my mom made this for me for my birthday. she MADE this. to someone whose own creation of a house made out of popsicle sticks and sea shells is amazing, this is almost unbelievable. she even has a little sticker on the bottom with her company name and address. oh yeah, my mom makes stuff.

i picture a cottage ledge home for this fellow in the future. for now i'll look at it and wonder how come genetics don't pass along things like glass cutting and welding arts.

jeremy got me gifts in the morning and gifts in the evening and i love that cause then it feels like your birthday is all day long. which it is. but you know what i mean.

everytime we talk about trees (which happens surprisingly often), we talk about how it would be so nice to be able to identify trees and be like 'oh yes that's a wellington sugar maple' or whatever so this gift of three guide books was very awesome and thoughtful and up next i will show you a photo of an owl from the bird book that will knock your socks off.

tonight we're going to go out and identify one of the tree's in our backyard/estate grounds.


HA! look at the guy in the bottom right corner. do you think he even has eyelids? he looks like he hasn't blinked since 1980. which is the year of my birth so his eyes must be some dry!

you know what was the best birthday voicemail message? grandmas. she said all sorts of lovely grandma stuff that makes you feel 8 again but the best part was when she said 'you just have your whole life ahead of you'

and i really and truly believe it.

3 comments:

steph said...

bahahaha general taco
also mayor taco of taco town

jennifer sorrell said...

is that you?

mayor mccheese! that should be you instead.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday, my little Jennyflower :)