family ties

a while ago my uncle sent me a cd full of old family photos. mostly these were fascinating to me because there were all sorts of photos of my dad when he was young but recently i came upon a section entitled 'robeson wedding' and boy what a treat! this is edith and carmen, my grandma and my grandpa on my dad's side, and not only was their wedding one classy affair, their honeymoon couldn't be closer to how we hope to spend ours. it's uncanny really!


let's take a look see. . .


aw!! i love her hat veil and her cute little shoes and her ginormous flower arrangement. i hope my grandpa helped her lug that sucker around.

looking at old family photos is so COOL. like who the heck are these people? also the lady on the right needs a smile and an underwire STAT!


i love the looks on their wee faces. maybe this was grandma's best friend? hard to tell but i think one bouquet is slightly less massive than the other. i guess allergies weren't really a thing in the olden days.


sometimes i can't decide who is cuter between my grandma and my grandpa.

grandma wins!
ok here they are on their honeymoon. i love the rustic look of this cabin. when we were booking our honeymoon we kept passing up things that offered turn down service for things with outdoor fire pits.


i love this shot!! and i love how they incorporated shooting things into their honeymoon.



i think this one (above) looks like me!




jeremy loved these canoe ones. he also said you can tell they were into photography cause they took some pretty cool shots and i can't imagine cameras were as easy to operate as they are now. HOLD IT! HOLD IT! i like this canoe.

i wonder if grandpa did most of the rowing and grandma just fussed with her hair.

beautiful. even in sepia tone.

i wonder if you had to wear sunblock in the olden days? i bet not. i bet you could roll around in butter and lay there until supper and come out perfectly done just like a turkey.



that's it, jer and i need matching cottage pant suits!

love love love it. these photos just scream me and jer to me and jer. but maybe it's one of those things were you believe a thing so that's what you see cause you believe it to be so. but i believe that i am meant to spend my honeymoon with jeremy laying on rocks in much this fashion. and i believe it even more after seeing photos of family before me doing that same thing.

2 comments:

steph said...

grandma looks a LITTLE like miranda hobbs

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is so cool!! I hardly recognize them looking so young and happy! What a riot!