letters

dear canada,

happy birthday to you! i hope you are doing something special and that someone has baked you a cake, (maybe your mother, england?).

i did some reading about you this morning and now i know this date isn't really your date of birth but the anniversary of your confederation which reminds me of confetti.

to thank you for being such a nice country and to congratulate you on the anniversary of your confetti, i made a little list of my favourite things about you.

-beavertails
-killarney
-your great big vastness
-native americans
-anne murray's 'hippo in the bathtub' album
- your flora and fauna (especially whales and turtles, excluding abnormally sized fish)
-maple syrup
-pretty fall leaf foliage
-that all my friends and family live in you
-nice and colourful money
-pine cones


happy day, canada! i hope you get to see some fireworks tonight.

sincerely,

jenn robeson


ps i'm going to a barbecue today at my friends derek and jared's house and if you don't already have plans you are welcome to come! just let me know if you're vegetarian so we can put something other than a burger on the grill for you. and byob.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,

You're birthday card to Canada was very nice. It's been very sunny today so I think that means Canada liked the card too. I was also curious about the birthday cake situation so I bought Canada some vanilla wafer cookies (I figure Canada could have them with Tea)
I thought your Canada list was really lovely too and thought i could add two things:
- interpertive dance
- french
- poutine
- Alex Trebek
Have a happy canada day. Im going to the beach now.
i miss you. i like your blog.

ps. i'm very curious how to make the perfect arm circle.

love sarah