is there a better way to spend a saturday night if you’re jennifer leanne robeson?
i will say this however before i move on to the good stuff because to me it was so evident throughout. this is not michael in his prime, this is pseudo sad michael slipping into the michael that loses me. and that’s not to say if any era michael came to my door i would not be like DO YOU WANT TO MOVE IN? but there’s a line that he moves past where i don’t go with him. and it’s terribly sad because what i see is a man of genius being so completely affected by untrue accusations and an entire life which can only really be described as. . .surreal.
i don’t think human beings are designed to be able to cope with a life like the one he’s had and when he stops moonwalking for like a second in this concert (which happens maybe twice, that fellow just throws his WHOLE self into a performance), but when he does stop to catch his breath you can see the weight of what that must be.
all of those very deep thoughts aside, this is still a remarkable look at what it is to be mj (insane), what it is to be an mj fan (you love him), and how truly lucky we are to have this talent (on planet earth because i think someone made a boo boo landing him here).
things i loved about this concert movie
- there are one bajillion people in attendance. 95% of them are on their feet and the other 5% are in the process of passing out. everyone’s crying, everyone’s screaming, everyone is without question having the best day of their lives. ahhh my brothers and sisters!
- the 'love you save/i want you back/i’ll be there' set. recent mj doing really early mj = yes please! i will have two generous helpings.
- BEAT IT!
-watching this with the new headphones on. HELLO I'M AT A MICHAEL JACKSON CONCERT IN MY LIVING ROOM! yes i made a sign.
- black lights, neon zombies and michael in a werewolf mask.
-the part where the girl from the audience goes on stage to meet/hug michael. watch her transform from seemingly normal human being to manic psycho fan within just a few bars of ‘she’s out of my life’.
- the magic tricks. tricks, plural. there’s more than one.
-the audience participation bits where 55 grillion people sing along in perfect unison.
- annie are you ok, so annie are you ok, are you ok annie, annie are you ok, so annie are you ok, are you ok annie, ANNIE ARE YOU OK ARE YOU OK ANNIE!
- michael jackson exiting the stage via rocket pack.